blog award nominations
wow! i’ve been nominated for two awards! i feel really flattered.
chris, from stuff as dreams are made on nominated me for the NICE MATTERS AWARD. this is really special as chris is one of the nicest bloggers i’ve met in blogland! whenever i’ve posted about something personal he’s immediately visited my site and left a thoughtful comment. and its not just me, everyone that i visit on my blogroll receives thoughtful comments from chris! chris’ blog is badass! he is one of my prime providers of book porn and writes very heartfelt and much-pondered-over reviews. he also writes about his personal trials and tribulations, which is nice – ’cause one gets to see the person behind the blog!
kim from honeyed words has nominated me as a THOUGHTFUL BLOGGER, and again, she is one of those who takes the effort to always leave a little comment, or say something uplifting! i really love kim’s blog – for a start it just looks so cool and shwoosh! the content is just so different and fun! i’m not particularly into cooking (slooowly learning) but i find her experiments fascinating! her passion for food also permeates her blog. she also writes very cool book reviews, with a nice balance between subjectivity and objectivity.
here are my nominations…
for the THOUGHTFUL BLOGGER:
1. i know its stating the obvious, but carl is the man. if you are one of the few people who still hasn’t visited his blog, stainless steel droppings then have you got a treat waiting for you! also, he is literally ubiquitous! he’s everywhere. he dedicates so much time to reading other people’s blogs and getting to know them. and then there are his challenges…! well, they’re simply the best – simple as.
2. nymeth is also one of those bloggers who i always see commenting on other blogs. her comments aren’t just flyby’s either, but detailed and sincere. her blog is very cool too. she is bookalactus, the devourer of books. she updates with reviews more regularly than anyone else in blogland. she reads a wide variety of books and i’ve already discovered way too many books i want to read via her site.
3. deslily, at here there and everywhere is another one of those bloggers who i so often see on other blogs leaving a nice word. she recently hosted a very cool challenge about memorable characters and took real time to interact with all the participants. she also put such care and effort into the award, which made it really special.
4. my last nomination is little unconventional – but it is a blog! neil gaiman’s blog. its just brilliant. there so much that i love about his blog – reading his thoughts on writing, on the mechanics behind his books being developed into films, his recent anxieties about stardust, his discoveries on the internet and just every day stuff like adventures he has walking his dog. i know author’s are just people, but not every author shares his life as candidly as he does and i think thats special. he also takes a lot of time to interact with his readers and always posts questions and comments and then responds to them.
here are my nominations for the NICE MATTERS award:
1. dark orpheus is just full of beans! she’s so cool. her blog has such variety: philosophy, pop culture, literature, yoga and rants! she’s always stopping by my blog too and always has a nice word to say.
2. stephanie writes the coolest reviews and reads a wide variety of books. she also has lots of fun writing about books, characters and memorable books. she’s another one of the regular visitors to my blog and always leaves thoughtful comments.
3. fence is brilliant. she’s another one thats a real regular visitor to my blog and always leaves very cool and often very funny comments! her blog is hilarious – she comes up with the funniest things. i love reading her posts about dvds. some of them are so funny that i’m contemplating not actually watching the dvds she writes about and just reading her reviews!
4. my last one here is also a bit of a different one – its jeff! jeff is a ninja. i know he doesn’t have a blog, but he is so involved in everyone’s blogs that it feels as if he has one. i’ve had some of the best conversations in blogland with ol’ jeff and love talking to him about comics and books!
in other news, my internet connection is finally up and running, although its very slow. i can’t quite work out why, but at the moment i am grateful for small mercies. so, i’ll be posting more regularly again. i also look forward to being able to spend more time on my favourite blogs!